Lower Body Exercises
If you are like me and have very little time then getting the most out of your workouts is crucial! Exercises that use little to no equipment is just an added bonus:) This is why I like to focus on exercises that involve the core or multiple muscle groups while targeting a specific region like lower body or upper body! Here are a few of my favorites that target your lower body region!
- 1. Plank with hip abduction- This one is great for targeting the gluteus medius while using core control as well. Start in a forward plank position with a resistance band around your ankles. With control, lateral abduct(move away from the midline of the body) one leg and then bring back to starting position. It is very important to stabilize your trunk during this exercise and not dump all of your weight into one side. Try 10-15 reps on one side and repeat on the other for 2-3 sets. 2.FWD/BKWD lunge on the box
- 2.“Holy glutes and quads” is what they should call this one!!! Using a step or box, start with one foot on top. Keep that foot in place & drop into a backward lunge, as you press up to take the working leg over the step into a forward lunge. Complete 15 reps on one leg then repeat on the other. 2-3 sets.
- 3. Alternating leg box jumps- Great exercise for those wanting to work on power! Using a step or box step up with one foot and jump off of the step landing with the opposite foot on top. Repeat for 20 reps. 2-3 sets.
- 4. Jumping lunge to glute kicks-Starting in a lunge position, jump up and switch legs so that the opposite leg is in front. Continue for 5 jumps then lift back leg into glute kicks for 5 reps. Repeat!
- 5. Bosu squat to row- Standing on a Bosu ball or balance disc(legs hip-width apart and feet straight ahead) with resistance bands in hand, drop down into a squat position then return to standing and row. Repeat for 20 reps for 2-3 sets.
Thanks for reading, and as always feel free to subscribe:)